Erik Luthens

Can I Sue If My Employer Disputes My Claim?

Generally, workers’ compensation claims are handled by an administrative agency rather than the court system. Because workers’ compensation claims are outside of the court system, these claims have different rules than a traditional lawsuit. However, once the agency process, including administrative hearings, has been exhausted, the employee or the employer may appeal to either a workers’ compensation appeal board or to a court.Contact a Iowa work injury and accident attorney representing clients in Knoxville, Iowa today to schedule your initial consultation.

In some states, if an employer or an employee is not satisfied with the workers’ compensation appeal board’s decision, they may then appeal that decision to the civil court system. This process is specific to each state. A workers’ compensation lawyer will be able to tell you how the process works in your state and guide you through that process.

Des Moines work comp injury lawyer, attorney Knoxville, IA, workers' compensation law firm - If you would like to schedule a initial consultation regarding your case, please contact the Luthens Law Offices at (800) 685-7948 or complete our inquiry form.