Erik Luthens

How to Protect Your Rights

If you have been injured while at work or on the job, the best way to protect your rights is to contact an experienced workers’ compensation or personal injury lawyer. A lawyer will be able to help file a workers’ compensation claim. A lawyer will also be able to determine if you should file a lawsuit in addition to or instead of a workers’ compensation claim.

Additionally, a lawyer will be able to determine other types of compensation to which you may be entitled. For example, if someone other than your employer or a co-worker was at least partly to blame for your injury, you may be able to file a liability insurance claim against that person or business. Contact a Iowa work injury and accident attorney representing clients in Indianola, Iowa today to schedule your initial consultation.

If your accident isn’t covered by the workers’ compensation system (for example, if your employer doesn’t have workers’ compensation insurance or if you are an independent contractor), a lawyer will be able to help you determine people or businesses against whom you may be able to file a lawsuit. This type of lawsuit would be covered under the laws of personal injuries. Under personal injury law, you may be able to receive compensation for expenses that wouldn’t be covered under the workers’ compensation system, such as attorney’s fees as well as pain and suffering.

Des Moines work comp injury lawyer, attorney Indianola, IA, workers' compensation law firm - If you would like to schedule a initial consultation regarding your case, please contact the Luthens Law Offices at (800) 685-7948 or complete our inquiry form.