Erik Luthens

What happens after I report injuries to the property owner, or his representative (such as a store manager)?

Never assume that owners or landlords will automatically pay for any injuries or damages. With the exception of Med-Pay coverage, most insurance companies only pay your claim when the property owner or landlord is proven negligent. Negligence needs to be proved, this is done by showing that the owner or landlord did know, or should have known about a hazard. Make sure that you obtain names and addresses of any witnesses to the accident, including names of any employees that assist you, and saw the hazard that led to the injury. If this was not done at the time of the accident, go back and find out the names of the employees as soon as possible. If you are unable to do this, ask someone else to do it for you within a few days, as insurance companies will ask that no statements be made by employees and owners involved. Contacting an experienced Premises Liability attorney to assist you as soon as possible to avoid difficulties in processing your claims is to your own best interest. Contact a Iowa premises liability attorney representing clients in Knoxville, Iowa today to schedule your initial consultation.

Des Moines personal injury lawyer, attorney Knoxville, IA, elevator / swimming pool accident law firm - If you would like to schedule a initial consultation regarding your case, please contact the Luthens Law Offices at (800) 685-7948 or complete our inquiry form.